We are the proud manufacturers of 30 SECONDS Cleaners with locations in Troutdale, Oregon, and Manchester, Tennessee. We are a small, efficient company that distributes our products throughout the US. The company is growing and needs staff that can grow with it.
Being a family run company since 1977, we believe that a quality job can get done between 8 and 4:30, Monday to Friday. Family time is just as important as manufacturing and distributing 30 SECONDS Cleaners, nationwide.
COLLIER Mfg is proud to offer a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to promote work/life balance and overall wellness. In addition to our competitive pay we offer:
We feel strongly that our salespeople are our company's ambassadors to the marketplace. They actively promote the company and its products and services. They are the driving force of revenue and the ones that keep our relationships genuine. Our salespeople have a direct impact on how the marketplace perceives their employer and our brand.
The National Sales Manager reports to the Vice President of Sales. Ideal candidates will be located in Chicago Metro or MidWest area and be available for nationwide travel as needed.
5+ years of experience in retail lawn and garden business with demonstrated business success including the following:
· Experience managing national retailers such as Home Depot, Lowes and Wal-Mart as well as regional retailers like Menards, Orchard Supply Hardware, and Meijer
· Strong working knowledge of two-step distribution in both the Hardware Co-op Channel as well as Independent Distributors
· Demonstrated ability to build a successful business plan & gain buy-in with senior leadership
· Experience in building and/or maintaining partnerships by possessing people skills and the ability to solve problems
· Exceptional negotiation skills
· Bias for action - enthusiastic and passionate results-driven individual
· Strong interpersonal skills - ability to thrive in creating win/win partnerships
· Entrepreneurial Spirit - proven ability to develop and execute new ideas - willing to champion new and different ideas even in the face of strong challenges
· Creative Problem Solving - ability to dig deeper to understand complex problems and develop innovative solutions
· Enterprise thinker - ability to understand how their work fits into/enhances the broader company objectives
· Possess effective oral, written and presentation skills
· Strong IT skills; ability to use the computer and business related applications
· Bachelor's Degree
· General Management skills preferred.
· Experience in Lawn & Garden category preferred
· Ensure the successful achievement of the company's sales goals across all the assigned regions, channels and customers
· Ensure sales volume is at its maximum, maintaining a good product mix, selling price and margins
· Help develop effective sales strategy and ensure its timely implementation
· Perform annual line reviews with assigned customer base
· Keep current with demand and supply of company's products/services, economic indicators, changing trends and its competitors
· Establish and maintain personal networks across the entire customer base and industry
· Ability to forecast annual sales to meet inventory and production metrics
· Review and analyze POS data (where applicable) to spot trends and adjust sales plan accordingly
· Recommend new sku opportunities based on customer feedback and market intelligence
· Ability to work under pressure and produce effective results
· Ability to be flexible, work weekends for trade shows and travel as required
· Must possess time management skills, with the ability to make timely decisions, be proactive and plan effectively
· Ability to think strategically, be a self-starter and work from a virtual office
· Balance multiple customers, across multiple channels, selling the same sku's
· Work with key stakeholders internally across accounts payable, accounts receivable, customer service, production, marketing and shipping
· Schedule a minimum of 4 quarterly visits to our main office in Oregon
· Manage the activities of any assigned brokers or manufactures reps
· Complete any necessary account paperwork/forms, including set up and promotional approval forms.
We want you to be creative and innovative, with the purpose of building 30 SECONDS Cleaners to becoming THE National Brand, THE Category Leader, and THE Experts in the Outdoor Cleaning Category!
Your goal is to become a member of our Vital Factor Team.
In exchange for all your hard work and dedication, and in addition to your base salary, we offer:
We have a great opportunity for ingenuity, responsibility and taking charge in Manchester, Tennessee. COLLIER Manufacturing is a rapidly growing company, manufacturing our range of 30 SECONDS Cleaners for the retail market, and we need talent to grow with us.
You will drive continuous improvements, and oversee daily production, with quality and safety as key standards.
Be ready to prove that you have a ‘big picture’ mindset, with a bachelor's degree. Your years of Operations experience must show that you have a sound work ethic, honesty and managerial experience.
Only apply if you can show initiative, independence and ingenuity. You will be expected to be tech savvy and present the company in a professional manner with vendors, and to all levels of COLLIER Mfg.
What's unique about us? We get the job done, dayshift, Monday to Friday. We are a strong, family business that likes to get it right the first time. Integrity from the inside out is paramount, along with a sense of humor.